Thursday, May 29, 2008

One month shy of a year...




11 months old.  Wow we say around here.  New developments for Marshall are that he can let himself down off the bed by himself and he is really into communicating by pointing.  Oh, and I swear he's actually cuter if that is at all possible.

Sorry for my lack of posts as of late.  I've been on this nutrition research quest and have focused all of my time on line to that.  Emails are backing up too...its bad.  I'm in obsession mode...
None the less, I have thought about a lot of blog posts as of late, here are some of them:

1.  F#@king Coulibaly, or Abdolaye as you've known him, and his quest for greener pastures by overusing our phone and internet services that cost us money and bothering us with, well, just being him.

2.  Birth rituals, homebirths, etc.  I've been doing a lot of birth processing as of late.  No idea why, but think I'm finally over the insanity that was how Marshall entered this world.  So I haven't see it, but from what I understand it says a lot I would say in the post, go see "The Business of Being Born."  

3.  Getting ripped off.

4.  Made up sob stories.

5.  Eating local.  Yummy summer in Oregon.

6.  Last night's dinner(BBQ pork tenderloin with mango sweetened guacamole and pita chips.  mouth watering...).

7.  The strange things they sell outside the maternity hospital

8.  The maternity hospital and western birthing practices in Mali.

9.  Marshall's awesome new red shoes(thanks Graham!)

10.  Can our sidewalk weed cure breastcancer?

11.  Bad ass moms

12.  Long walk routes

13.  Dinner with the Fulbrighters

14.  US presence in Mali

There have been others, but thats what I can remember right now...A good smoothie recipe website summons.  Off to that.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Marshall,
You are such a happy baby! How are you doing today? Miss you and see you soon! xoxox Aunt Sibyl